Visual Design Lead
Visual Design Lead
Enterprise Technology Consultancy London
Our Client, a leading UK Enterprise Technology Consultancy with offices in London, Madrid and South Wales is looking to expand its User Experience Team with the addition of a talented Visual Design Lead.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in delivering beautifully designed web software and applications that puts users at its heart.
This is a superb role for someone that wants be at the heart of and working with rapidly evolving enterprise technologies.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Undergraduate degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification
- Holistic and human centred approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team
- Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver and ensure highest quality deliverables
- Able to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, as well as good experience with MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping and interaction design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision and Principle
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Keen to seek out opportunities to promote the design practice internally and externally, being an excellent presenter
- Willingness to travel to up to 60% to client sites
What You'll Do
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process.
You'll creatively solving complex problems from a diverse set of perspectives, contexts and research inputs, while applying your own informed views and taste. Charged with helping lead client engagements and guiding other members of their design team, you will define and drive the design process moving from insights to ideas, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch.
Additionally, you'll utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, and apply user centred design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs. You'll also help run user research and testing sessions, produce personas, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, for complex products and services, use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc).
You'll perform task analysis and define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing. Lastly, you'll work with the client project manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas and you'll work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans. You'll also have the opportunity to mentor others, expanding their capabilities to cultivate and support them through their career path.
The office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation.
The team has the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing.
There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. You will have exciting career prospects within an international company. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
Please apply along with a CV and a covering letter.