UX And Content Designer
UX Designer - Government Department
Our Client, a government department, requires a UX Designer to join a multi-disciplinary agile team including User Researcher, Front-End Developer, Back-End Developer, Content Designer, Web Ops, Technical Architect, Delivery Manager, Product Manager and Service Manager to help deliver additional user centric services for the department.
The UX Designer will be required to work with the current feature teams and business to help ensure we are delivering a quality user experience from the service.
The UX Designer will lead on the best practices for user experience and work alongside other User Researchers on these new products and services.
Candidates must also either possess or be willing and able to apply for Security Clearance (SC).
There are a number of skills that successful candidates are required to provide detailed evidence beyond the CV.
For this role, these are as follows:
- 5+ years experience as a practising designer
- Strong grasp of Content Design
- In-depth understanding of user-centred design principles and tools
- A deep understanding and experience of visual design, interaction design, content design, and service design
- Confident sketching and prototype on paper and in other design tools
- Confident writing user-centric interfaces
- Proven capability to Lead a workshop
- Know how the internet works: confident in understanding the capabilities of independent web applications in delivering a cohesive service
- Worked extensively with user researcher and know how to interpret user research into actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrable 5+ years experience working effectively with cross-disciplinary teams (with Research, Design, Software, Content and Product team members)
- Demonstrable 5+ years experience ensuring that appropriate user research and strategic level design thinking is intrinsic to making design decisions
- Demonstrable 5+ years experience planning and building digital products
- Proven experience of stakeholder management, with strong negotiation skills at very senior levels
- Experience leading (defining scope, approach and carrying out delivery of) end to end service transformation work, using user-centred, agile approaches
- Airline domain knowledge
- Previous experience of leading mixed teams of designers and researchers
- Strong understanding of the Government Digital Services' Design Principles and Digital Service Standard.
- Experience of interface design is a plus
If you cannot provide detailed evidence of all of the above, you may not be considered for this role.