Our Client are currently recruiting for an experienced ABAP Developer to join their award winning development team. As part of the role you will be will be involved in all aspects of the product life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, coding in ABAP, application scenario testing, implementation, and maintenance of the code.
- Translate business requirements into appropriate technical solutions
- Write Technical Specifications for integrations and enhancements
- Design and implementation of integrations and enhancements
- Coach and manage junior and/or client team members
- Work effectively in mixed client and consultancy teams
- Able to translate business goals into a set of requirements which can be supported by a technical solution
- Able to complete complex implementations in a specific area where requirements are potentially unclear and inconsistent
- Can tailor and apply previous experience to client needs recognizing recurring issues
- Understands the general strategic and operational dimensions of the relevant industry and applies to solution
- Can lead functional or technical design workshops
- Identifies issues and risks with their area of responsibility and takes responsibility for their resolution
- Build relationships with client leads based on mutual respect and commitment
- Able to effectively manage a team of client team members
- Can take ownership of sub-plans for specific deliverables and can plan own time to ensure project milestones are met
- Able to take an issue, then plan and deliver a solution using own initiative, with little guidance
- Can contribute technical or procedural sections to a simple proposal
- Can identify and escalate business development opportunities
- 5+ years experience in application development utilizing ABAP/4.
- Knowledge of ABAP and ABAP OO
- Experience in Debugging
- Demonstrated broad ABAP experience in the following areas:
Object Oriented programming
BAPI, BADI, RFC, ALE/EDI, IDOC, ALV programming,
Classical and Interactive Reporting,
Smart Forms, Adobe Forms (offline/interactive)
Interface/ABAP Proxy programming
ABAP Web Dynpro
Performance Tuning, Function Module development, and Spool programming
- Understanding of SAP functional areas in Finance (FI/CO), Sales and Distribution (SD), Human Capital Management (HCM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Netweaver Portal
- Experience in Gateway, PI and general Web development is a plus
This role is based in our London office with the need for occasional travel.
Please apply if you think your profile matches the requirements.